Web Technical Lead - Freelance - Remote
Making Brands Famous Since ’97, UNIT9 is a global production partner with the sole mission to create astounding experiences at the intersection of world-class creativity, cutting-edge tehnology and impeccable craftsmanship.
Built from a multidisciplinary team of visionaries, we are experts in experience – skilled across: Virtual and Hybrid experiences, Augmented Reality, Film & Animation, Product Design, Experiential, Emerging technologies, Digital, Gaming and Experience Design.
It’s why AdAge crowned us Production Company of the Year in 2019 and Campaign anointed us Tech Company of the Year 2020, alongside 73 other awards that year alone, including an Emmy, 12 D&AD Pencils and 20 One Show trophies.
– Work with creative teams to find innovative ways to tell stories, while managing development teams in order to implement beautiful experiences for high profile clients.
– This is a hands-on position, and Tech Lead is expected to lead by example in order to ensure a consistently high quality of code and quality of deliverable.
– Tech Lead is expected to keep up with and experiment with the latest technologies in order to help the company bring consistently innovative experiences to his work.
– Tech Lead works with designers and producers to come up with elegant solutions, often implementing cutting-edge technology to create experiences that are the first of their kind.
– Research technical options and discuss pros/cons with team
– Technical project management (estimates, timeframe and team)
– Create prototypes to prove out technical solution
– Scaffolding the project (setting it up for junior devs to jump in)
– Prioritize tasks for developers
– Complex coding on specific projects
– Providing technical leadership (Communicate with Producers, UX, Devs, and QA team, and dev team)
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED;
– General: creative coding, AR, VR, immersive web experiences, Vertex shader and a Fragment shader coding
– Be a clear communicator – out loud, in writing, and in code.
– Be detail-oriented, and committed to producing a high standard of work (you’re a perfectionist not because the job demands it from you, but because you take full ownership and pride over your work)
– Experiment with new technologies and embrace opportunities to take on new technical challenges.
– Look for opportunities to learn from the people around you, and you look for opportunities to share your knowledge as well.
– Pay attention to detail / impeccable craftsmanship
– Have excellent coding skills, and attention to detail
– Have excellent communication skills
– Have a strong experience leading teams
– Demonstrated experience and ability to learn new technologies
– Experience with high-demand, high-availability, and high-security architectures
– Have software development experience
– Confidentiality and security is of the utmost importance.
To apply please click this link https://apply.workable.com/unit9-ltd/j/E59A90C012/